SPViewPermissionSetting throw an error

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Hi

I Have a little problem with this solution. I configured default view for SP groups and click OK. When I click again link "View permission settings (powered by Bewise)" i get an error message:

---------------

The feature SPViewPermissionSetting throw an error.
You can reset all view settings by clicking on the Reset button. This will erase all your view definitions for all groups.
----------------

But Reset button dosn't work

Please HELP Me!

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I have the same problem !!

Any sugestion ??

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I have the same problem .

Plesae Help me.

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Hello,

I just look into Code Source, and it's normal that the reset button doesn't work.

This tool's settings are saved in the Web propertybag, and reset button is supposed to remove this property.

In source (in ViewPermissionPage.cs), the code to remove this setting is :

this.CurrentList.ParentWeb.Properties.Remove(String.Format("ViewPermission{0}", this.CurrentList.ID.ToString()));
            this.CurrentList.ParentWeb.Properties.Remove(String.Format("ViewPermissionXml{0}", this.CurrentList.ID.ToString()));

But there's a bug in SharePoint, "Remove" function doens't work for propertybag.
You have to clean the property :

this.CurrentList.ParentWeb.Properties[String.Format("ViewPermission{0}", this.CurrentList.ID.ToString())] = null;
            this.CurrentList.ParentWeb.Properties[String.Format("ViewPermissionXml{0}", this.CurrentList.ID.ToString())] = null;

And don't forget to validate :

this.CurrentList.ParentWeb.Properties.Update();

So change this in the code, rebuild then Reset button must work !

Regards,
Pierre-Alexandre

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Alternatively, you could manually remove the property bag using SharePoint Designer -> Site -> Site Settings -> Parameters until the above has been resolved in a new release.

May 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM
grosenbrock -- I tried this. And was able to remove the property bag using sharepoint designer, however this accomplished nothing....All of the settings that I made (giving unique permissions) was reset. And as soon as I made the changes again, the error came back. Can someone please help me with this! Why cant I create custom views with this......... :-(
May 24, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Same problem, MOOS2007, SPVPS 2.0, first config it's ok, any changes cause the error. Removing site properties permits to set access view again, but error persists. Someone found a solution for this? Regards Andrea